I hope you are all doing well. I know this is a very challenging time for us all, but I’m looking forward to a fun Memorial Day weekend. It’s a time to honor those who lost their lives fighting for our country, a time to spend with loved ones, and a time to kick off the start of Summer (which means no more homeschooling!! yay!) Below you will find a few easy ways to show off those stars and stripes and make your Memorial Day a festive one!
1. Create a festive place setting! I always love to have a festive tablescape for holidays whether you are inside or out by the pool. I bought blue ribbon with stars from Hobby Lobby and wrapped them around red and white napkins. Viola! Easy napkins rings! I also had some gold drink stirrers that I added in for some sparkle. The star and striped plates are actually PAPER and from Target. I added those to blue outdoor plates that I own and gold chargers. (Side note: I highly encourage you to get some gold chargers! They can be used for some many events and holidays!)
2. Use flowers and flags to create centerpieces! It’s literally that easy! Get some pretty white blooms (the fuller the better – think big roses or hydrangeas!) and add little American flags.
3. Make food fun with star cookie cutters! You can create stars out of pretty much any food. Think fruit, cheese or vegetables! I love making watermelon stars and adding blueberries to them. You can also mix together strawberries and blueberries and add apple stars on top! This is a festive side to your BBQ dishes.
4. Add red, white and blue sprinkles in anything! My family loves making homemade chocolate covered Oreos and we add holiday themed sprinkles. (Note- Hobby Lobby has sprinkles for every holiday!) But you can really add them to any dessert or treat including donuts, cupcakes, and ice cream sundaes!
5. Use flag food picks! Add these to burgers, fruit or appetizers. This is such an easy thing to do while adding red, white and blue!
I hope I gave you some inspiration to make your Memorial Day a festive one. All the links for items mentioned are below. Have a safe and fun Memorial Day Weekend!
Links for Memorial Day items: