I hope you all are staying healthy and safe during this difficult time. Surely we have all gone through every emotion in the book during the last few weeks. It’s hard to stay positive and happy right now because of all the sadness around us, but I believe we need to try to make the best of what we have right now. We need to lift eachother up and support our community the best that we can. Celebrations for birthdays, anniversaries, and graduations can still happen at home and should still be celebrated! We need to ensure that we are filling up our lives with as much happiness as possible right now. My and my child’s birthday were a couple of weeks ago while we were all just getting familiar with quarantine life and I was determined to still make each birthday special for our family. So how to have a quarantined birthday (or celebrate a loved one’s birthday while quarantined)? I gathered together my favorite party businesses that are still providing services in order to give you everything needed from party plates to balloons to special gifts. You can still make it a fun day for you and your loved ones regardless of the current situation! You need it and you deserve it. Do something good for YOU and learn how below.
Find a local small business and order online for pick up or delivery. Know that these small businesses benefit greater if you order directly from their website or call them for pick up without a third party delivery option. The more small businesses we can support right now, the better. They are struggling! Most of my suggestions are Houston based but I do have some nationwide options. I also have links for everything below so just click away and let the birthday planning begin!
- Party supplies:
- When It Rains Paper Co.
- And when all else fails: Amazon for the win!
- Balloons delivery:
- Big Ass Balloons: Has multiple locations, and doing free delivery until April 30th
- Flower Delivery:
- The Cutting Garden: Local houston Florist
- Maxit Flower Design: Local Houston Florist
- Urban Stems: Delivering next day nationwide
- Cakes and cupcakes:
- Memorial Bakery: Local Houston shop- doing pick up and delivery
- Awesome Bites Co.: Local allergy friendly bakery – doing curbside pick up
- Wink by Erica: Local houston shop – offering free delivery in Houston!
- Baked by Melissa: Nationwide cupcake delivery
- Food pick up or delivery: This can be any favorite restaurant, they all need the support right now! But here are a few favorites in Houston doing special meals:
- Lucios : Made from scratch meals to go. Offering curbside pickup!
- A’Bouzy: They are doing different nightly meals with wine bottle pairing!
- The Capital Grille: They are offering curbside pick up or complimentary delivery!
- Premade Drink Delivery:
- Party Palace Co.: Offering pre-made batches of your favorite cocktail delivered right to your door!
- Ways to still celebrate your loved ones when you cannot be with them:
- Order balloons, flowers, or cake to be delivered to their home from one of the companies above!
- Organize a car parade with their friends and family. Make signs and blow party horns!
- Give the gift of beauty at home:
- Glo Girl is offering self tanner sets and products and drink bombs! Free delivery within 7 miles or pick up available.
- M Esthetics Houston is offering at-home facial kits! They will customize a kit just for your skin and it will be delivered right to your door. DM them on instagram to place your order.
- Send a gift card from a small business! Think about their favorite restaurant, hairdresser, nail salon etc. These businesses need your support!
- Send a sweet birthday card and tell them how much you care!
I hope these ideas and vendors can bring you (or someone you love) some happiness on your special day. Stay safe, healthy & happy friends! xoxo Amanda