As most of you know, event planning and entertaining has been my passion since I learned to tie my shoes. I was the ‘maitress” for my family more times that I can count and let’s not forget the surprise wedding shower I threw for my dear 2nd grade teacher. I loved it then and still love it now. There is nothing that thrills me more than throwing a birthday party for my little ones, hosting a bridal shower for a dear friend, or creating a beautiful holiday dinner for my family. Any chance I can get to throw a shindig, I jump on it (and most of my friends can attest to this). I guess the best part for me is creating all the happy memories filled with smiles and laughter. Spreading the joy brings me joy! Which brings me to this blog. Throughout all of the events over the years, I have received countless calls, emails, and texts like “Where did you get those balloons?” or “How did you make those centerpieces” or “Can you help me incorporate my theme into the party food?”…and I love it! I love to help people and share tips and tricks, especially when it comes to entertaining. Which is what led me to create this blog. This way I can help more people with the things I love the most. So here I am, writing my first Cantley & Company blog post. I hope this will serve as a great catalog of ideas for anything and everything about events and entertaining. I plan to share my favorite stores for cute party goods, the best themed recipes for particular crowds, and DIY projects to add a little extra detail to your bash.
The most frequent question I get is “where did you get that”? I mostly shop locally in Houston, but I do have a few favorite online stores as well. So here are 5 of my favorite party stores/companies to make your event really stand out:
- Emerson Sloan– Once you step foot in this adorable store you will think you are in party heaven! They carry the cutest modern party goods from paper plates, to tablecloths, to party favors. They also always have themed party goods for almost every holiday and don’t forget about anything bridal to baby shower. They have you covered!
- Big Ass Balloons (BAB) – Yeap that’s their actual name! And its because they are literally BIG ASS BALLOONS! These big boys are the perfect addition to any event. They come in all sorts of colors and have adorable add ons from tassels to tags to confetti (the confetti are my favorite). They also can add vinyl letters or images to any balloon to perfectly match your theme. I’m telling you, every time I have them at an event, people go gaga over them. And they deliver. You can’t beat that!
- When it rains paper co. – Custom made napkins and cups really adds some jazz to your event! And its all about details. They have a great selection of colors and have some fun sayings to go on them (Aloha Beaches!). They can also make custom items and for all you monogram lovers, look no further!
- Perlaos – the cutest cake/cupcake toppers there ever was! Of course, you can get glitter numbers at hobby lobby but here you can customize names, numbers and about any theme you can think of.
- Halfmoon lettering – for all your custom signage and paper good needs! Rachel is so super talented and has such creativity that even if you are not sure exactly what you are looking for, she will help you find it. Handmade place cards, welcome signs, event menus, the list goes on! And if you are old school like me and love getting invitations in your mail box (like outside, not your email) they create invitations too!
I could certainly list more fabulous companies that do amazing work (and will do so in the future!) but I hope this at least gets your party started! Next month I will have some great ideas and tips on how to throw a smashing summer BBQ. Stay tuned!
PS. I finally wrote my first blog post!!!!
2 thoughts on “Fab five!”
Love this! I’ll be tapping you for ideas for Oliver’s first bday later this year 🙂